Italian Style Meatloaf I food recipes
Many are used to savoring their leftover meatloaf as a sandwich. This time, add a new level of class to your comfort food by topping meatloaf with a Caprese/Bruschetta topping. There's a reason the combination of the fresh bold flavors of Mozzarella cheese, Basil and tomatoes has become one of the most popular menu items in Continental as well as Italian restaurants.
Enjoy two great dinners with the effort of one this week.
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and ketchup. Season with Italian-style seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt, diced tomatoes and cheese. Press into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, and cover loosely with foil.
3. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).